Safety & Crisis
- FCC recognizes that the Internet is a great tool for learning and research. Their website offers parents advice on how to keep kids safe online.
- Verizon offers some simple steps to start teaching parents to help kids stay cyber-safe.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration offers the latest info about car seats, airbags and seat belts.
- Noah Health contains all kinds of health topics including accident prevention and safety in the home.
- National Safety Council is a public service organization dedicated to prevention of accidental injuries and death
- The Crisis Management International site has extensive archives of ‘events in the news.’
- This site has some excellent recommendations for dealing with traumatic events, disasters and violence. The National Center for Children Exposed to Violence And the National Center for PTSD have a wide variety of information for responding to trauma.
- March is Brain Injury Awareness Month and the CDC has a great variety of prevention resources.